My father died a few days ago and I found a large amount of cash in his home. What should I do with it?
We're sorry for your loss!
If you are the sole beneficiary, it should be relatively straightforward, but you shouldn't make any distributions to yourself from the estate until any and all outstanding debts are settled.
- Dealing with a deceased person's money and property
- Unclaimed Money: Tips to Find Funds From Deceased Relatives
- Executor Misconduct: 4 Ways to Break Probate Law
- I found cash in my parents' house. What next?
- Make a claim to a deceased person's estate
Browse our list of estate planning lawyers near you and resolve your issue!