There was a warrant placed on me for my son missing and having 1 unexcused absence he is a freshmen in highschool..we lost a very important person..my mom..whom helped me everyday for many years with my children..being a year in june..then in feb 2019..i was hospitalized for 11 days seeking help of my family to care for them..i have been diagnosed with tubercolosis..actice TB..i went to court..at etowah county court house..was given a card for court appointed lawyer..tried calling the number..and seemed to be messed up..couldnt get threw to anyone..now having misplaced the card..how do i go about finding out which court appointed lawyer i was given?? thank you..misty tooley
Quick reply - How to get a court appointed attorney:
If a single parent cannot afford a paid attorney, he or she may qualify for a court-appointed attorney. A court-appointed attorney will serve to represent the single parent, in the same way as a paid attorney. The county family court will maintain a network of pro bono attorneys to assist with child custody cases. Instead of asking a judge to order a change of a court-appointed attorney, a defendant may have better luck asking the attorney to agree to the change.
Requests for court appointed attorneys should be made at your arraignment.The Court may deny your application for a court appointed attorney if the Court determines that you are not indigent and can hire your own attorney, or if you are charged with an offense that is not likely to result in jail time.
- Attend the arraignment
- Request a court-appointed attorney
- Understand the difference between a public defender and a panel attorney. ...
- Communicate with your attorney
- Report any changes in your financial status
- Change attorneys if necessary
- Source - How to Get a Court Appointed Attorney: 12 Steps (with Pictures)
- Can My Attorney Quit? - LawInfo
- The Problem with Court-Appointed Attorneys
- Public defenders are overworked and underfunded - the Guardian
- Can I fire my court-appointed public defender? | Nolo
- How do I fire my public defender and receive a new one?
- Can I change lawyers in the middle of a case if I'm unhappy
- Public Defender Vs. Lawyer Of My Choice: Which Is Better?
How to find an excellent lawyer for your case? Browse our list of lawyers near you and resolve your issue! Compare attorney fees, experience, reputation among clients, and services offered.