First dui charge. Sitting outside in my car with a couple friends smoking a blunt. Officer pulled up ask what we were doing and I told him we were smoking a blunt. There were signs of marijuana in the car. I was arrested my car towed and when I looked at my ticket it says driving under the influence of alcohol. I had not been drinking no signs of alcohol in the car. I'm 20 years old
- Can I Get a DUI for Driving High on Marijuana?
- First-Offense DUI in Washington
- Can You Get a DUI When You're High on Marijuana in WA State?
- First-Offense DUI in Washington - DUI and DWI Laws
- Driving Under the Influence of Marijuana in Washington
- Washington Drugged Driving - NORML - Working to Reform Marijuana
- What to Know About Driving Under the Influence of Marijuana
- Drunk Driving - Wikipedia
Browse our list of criminal defense lawyers near you and resolve your issue!
First-Offense DUI in Washington
- Per se marijuana and per se alcohol. Motorists who are caught driving with a BAC of .08% or more or with a THC concentration of at least five nanograms per milliliter of blood typically face a 90-day administrative license suspension.
- Chemical-test refusals. Motorists who refuse chemical testing generally face a one-year administrative license suspension.
- Per se marijuana, per se alcohol with BAC under .15%, and impairment DUIs.
- Chemical-test refusals and BACs of .15% or greater.
A criminal defense lawyer is a lawyer (mostly barristers) specializing in the defense of individuals and companies charged with criminal activity. Some criminal defense lawyers are privately retained, while others are employed by the various jurisdictions with criminal courts for appointment to represent indigent persons; the latter are generally called public defenders. The terminology is imprecise because each jurisdiction may have different practices with various levels of input from state and federal law or consent decrees. Some jurisdictions use a rotating system of appointments with judges appointing a private practice attorney or firm for each case. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_defense_lawyer
If you're facing criminal charges (You were detained and imprisoned by the police), You have the right to remain silent. You should remember, that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court. You have - just like anyone else - the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an criminal defense attorney, you may qualify for a court-appointed lawyer.
- How to Become a Criminal Defense Lawyer? - wikihow.com
- Tips on how to find the right lawyer to handle your criminal case - nolo.com
- Various ways that private criminal lawyers charge for their work - nolo.com
How to find and compare top criminal defense law firms that provide legal aid for DUI and other criminal cases? Search Super Lawyers directory, compare criminal attorneys on Justia or browse detailed Avvo reports on Criminal Defense Attorneys across United States.