Skip to main content

What would be the appropriate step in responding to the petition letter sent by the opposition's lawyer?

Location: Illinois  |  Law type: Child & family lawyers

My wife passed away last 2018. I am not physically present when that happened. I have been deported from the U.S. after living there for more than 15 years. I am banned to enter U.S. for 10 years and it will last until the year 2023. When my wife died, her siblings filed a petition to declare my marriage as void and to amend the declaration of heirship to the petitioner. The letter was sent to my previous work place in the Philippines and it is just recently when I was informed about it. Since I can't go back to U.S, what will be the next action that I will do? I am planning to counter the petition. Thank you.

Legal question "What would be the appropriate step in responding to the petition letter sent by the opposition's lawyer?" has been written 5 months 1 week ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Illinois & area of law: Child & family lawyers. Latest answer commented 5 months 1 week ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Child & family lawyers? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Illinois and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"What would be the appropriate step in responding to the petition letter sent by the opposition's lawyer?"

Child & family lawyers Illinois

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016