Skip to main content

What type of lawyer do I need?

Location: Tennessee  |  Law type: Criminal defense attorney

Im fighting DCS for my children. My oldest, a private petition was filed by my mother on all false allegations that I had proof of but denied. 5 months later my youngest child was removed from my home due to a positive hair follicle test. I do not consume any drugs, so I knew this couldn't be. I have failed 3 drug screenings, and assumed this was because of my prescription for phentermine that I had a note from the dr stating the possibility of a false positive. Since then I have been treated like a drug addict, refusal of seeing or talking to my kids. I have done eveything asked for going on a yr now. There has never been progress in this case, I get responses from DCS sometimes a week later if at all and never kept up to date. I text or email everything between DCS my mother and the GAL and make sure that DCS and GAL are included in anything between my mother and myself so that I have proof but it always gets denied. I have proof of text between my mother and oldest child planning everything that has happened as far as the private petition goes. My youngest who had the positive hair follicle, was just taken and again, nobody will even give me a chance to defend myself. Our babysitter also lost her child with very high levels of meth in her hair. My child was picked up every day by the sitter and stayed at their home until I got off work. The husband was a cop so I never thought my child was in harm. Still nobody will even look into anything. While in jail for drug charges for the hair follicle, they serve me charges of food stamp fraud. I work for human services but unable to give or take benefits, I dont have that ability, so they put me on admin leave and still currently on leave. My husband and I seperated months back on adultery and abuse. I went to my home one evening to get write a note to my husband saying i had gave him 3 weeks to get another place and move his things and I would be returning to the home. He came home used a crow bar on the door that I had piled furniture in front of and he got through. I then shut myself in a bedroom with my back against the door trying to keep him away from me. The door scratched me up and my arms were red. He stopped and called 911 and said there wasnt anything physical and I didnt hear the rest, i then started yelling for them to send help, i snached the phone from him and turned to run back to the room and I pulled the phone out of the wall. Once the cops were there, I decided to go outside where my husband met them and I heard him say the same thing about no physical altercations. I corrected him and showed the law my arms and marks and I ended up in jail on domestic assault and never touched him. He didnt go to jail and the report stated everything that happened but flipped. I even had a witness there and have had to call for help a hand full of times. Now I haven't had a place to stay since then and now being punished by DCS with my kids for not having a home. I cant wrap my head around any of this. Thw petitions from DCS have several incorrect statements in them and they refused to correct and the GALs petition doesn't have one true thing in it and all if it can be proved but nobody will and they wont even acknowledge anything I can provide. I definitely need help but unsure if I need criminal defense, drug charge attorney, child custody or family attorney. Please help. Thanks Kriston Glasgow

Legal question "What type of lawyer do I need?" has been written 8 months 2 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Tennessee & area of law: Criminal defense attorney. Latest answer commented 8 months 2 weeks ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

A criminal defense lawyer is a lawyer (mostly barristers) specializing in the defense of individuals and companies charged with criminal activity. Some criminal defense lawyers are privately retained, while others are employed by the various jurisdictions with criminal courts for appointment to represent indigent persons; the latter are generally called public defenders. The terminology is imprecise because each jurisdiction may have different practices with various levels of input from state and federal law or consent decrees. Some jurisdictions use a rotating system of appointments with judges appointing a private practice attorney or firm for each case. Source:

If you're facing criminal charges (You were detained and imprisoned by the police), You have the right to remain silent. You should remember, that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court. You have - just like anyone else -  the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an criminal defense attorney, you may qualify for a court-appointed lawyer. 

  • How to Become a Criminal Defense Lawyer? -
  • Tips on how to find the right lawyer to handle your criminal case -
  • Various ways that private criminal lawyers charge for their work -

How to find and compare top criminal defense law firms that provide legal aid for DUI and other criminal cases? Search Super Lawyers directory, compare criminal attorneys on Justia or browse detailed Avvo reports on Criminal Defense Attorneys across United States.

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Criminal defense attorney? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Tennessee and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"What type of lawyer do I need?"

Criminal defense attorney Tennessee

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016