Skip to main content

What should I do about a settlement with 2 different agencies that were supposed to care for my elderly mother?

Location: McHenry  |  Law type: general practice attorneys

My 83-year-old mother, who has dementia, was staying at Bickford Senior Living in Crystal Lake, IL. On Sept. 9, according to their report, she was using the washroom and tripped on her pants, fracturing her right hip. She was transported to Centegra Hospital McHenry, where she spent 4 days before being moved to The Springs in Crystal Lake for rehab. After approximately 3 weeks, she went back to Bickford with an outside agency, Arden Rose Home Care, providing 24-7 caregiving. She fell again on Oct. 7, fracturing the left hip, and went back to the same hospital. She now is at Fair Oaks in McHenry for rehab.

Her husband and my stepdad has POA, as do I. (I cannot find my papers at the moment.) We agreed upon the decisions made. However, we both have heard different stories about what happened on Oct. 7. We still are trying to gather reports from all parties involved.

In summary, both the apartment rental and caregiving services were paid a month in advance. We do not wish to get into a lawsuit. However, we would like to at least get Mom's money back, since she no longer is using their services.

Any advice would be appreciated.   




Legal question "What should I do about a settlement with 2 different agencies that were supposed to care for my elderly mother?" has been written 2 years 7 months ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of McHenry & area of law: general practice attorneys. Latest answer commented 2 years 7 months ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called general practice attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of McHenry and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"What should I do about a settlement with 2 different agencies that were supposed to care for my elderly mother?"

general practice attorneys McHenry

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016