Skip to main content

What should i do about this matter

Location: Cody  |  Law type: child support collections

Got a letter from a child support office in cody wyoming stating that a woman from my past melane owens, had a child on january 25th 2020 and i was named a possible father. If deemed the father, i could be obligated to pay back tile 19 birthing costs. 

I was not informed about this birth, back in august 2019 she tried to say she was pregnant with the kid without proof, no positive pregancy test or any true information. Also informing me she thinks its mine, but if i didnt want anything to do with the kid she wouldnt hold me resposible for anything, just she left like i needed to know that i could have a kid out there in the world. She told me it was a boy, but the letter has a girls name on it.

I stopped talking to her after that interaction. Until today when i got this letter in the mail. I'll get tested to make sure im not or am the father, but i dont want anything to do with her or the child. Im not on the birth certificate and have never seen or heard of this child before today.

Legal question "What should i do about this matter" has been written 4 months 1 week ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Cody & area of law: child support collections. Latest answer commented 4 months 1 week ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called child support collections? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Cody and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"What should i do about this matter"

child support collections Cody

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016