Skip to main content

What should I do

Location: Union City  |  Law type: Criminal defense attorney

I am facing an indictment for allegedly selling a 0.5 g or more to a confidential informant of the Obion County Sheriffs Department in Union City TN. I have not yet been served with said warrant due to serving out a sentence from the general sessions judge of 90 days treatment. The warrant was filed on October 4,2022. The Incident in question was said to have occured on November 04,2021. Due to complying with General sessions sentencing, I did not make Circuit Court arraignment on October 19, 2022. I am assuming that resulted in a bench warrant on top of the indictment. I believe I have a strong case of harrassment against both of some county and city officers....2 in general. I know that the circuit court arraignments are next scheduled for the 4th and 17th of January. 2023. I'd prefer not to have to spend time incarcerated considering I was gone from August 28, 2022 up through December 30, 2022 obeying General Sessions convictions. I am in the low income bracket and currently unemployed and filed for disability due to mental and substance issues. If any additional information is needed please do not hesitate to call me at 731-592-8838. I do not feel as I deserve this charge due to my former use of drugs considering I wasn't a dealer only user. case # 66GS1-2022-CR-1037 and 66CC1-2022-CR-163 in Obion County Tn. I hope to hear from someone soon as I have all intentions to turn myself in either the evening of Jan. 3rd, 2023 (after my job interview for tyson foods in union city) or first thing Jan. 4th, 2023 to hopefully make the docket for going in front of judge parham that morning. no matter How this ends up taking place I do want my motion of discovery from the jump and i want to see video evidence that I was id'd as the selling party. Thank you for taking time to read my situation and I'd be most grateful for a replied answer before I turn myself in.

Thank You,

April Michelle Elkins

Legal question "What should I do" has been written 1 month ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Union City & area of law: Criminal defense attorney. Latest answer commented 1 month ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

A criminal defense lawyer is a lawyer (mostly barristers) specializing in the defense of individuals and companies charged with criminal activity. Some criminal defense lawyers are privately retained, while others are employed by the various jurisdictions with criminal courts for appointment to represent indigent persons; the latter are generally called public defenders. The terminology is imprecise because each jurisdiction may have different practices with various levels of input from state and federal law or consent decrees. Some jurisdictions use a rotating system of appointments with judges appointing a private practice attorney or firm for each case. Source:

If you're facing criminal charges (You were detained and imprisoned by the police), You have the right to remain silent. You should remember, that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court. You have - just like anyone else -  the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an criminal defense attorney, you may qualify for a court-appointed lawyer. 

  • How to Become a Criminal Defense Lawyer? -
  • Tips on how to find the right lawyer to handle your criminal case -
  • Various ways that private criminal lawyers charge for their work -

How to find and compare top criminal defense law firms that provide legal aid for DUI and other criminal cases? Search Super Lawyers directory, compare criminal attorneys on Justia or browse detailed Avvo reports on Criminal Defense Attorneys across United States.

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Criminal defense attorney? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Union City and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"What should I do"

Criminal defense attorney Union City

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016