I have tenants who signed a Lease Agreement which expires May 1, 2019. They moved to Canada the first of the year. They did pay the rent for January and want the Security Deposit to be used for February. However, we feel they have no intention of paying till May. I did speak with someone at Eastern Housing Court. He mentioned the security cannot be used because bills are still accruing (the remaining month's rent) and we don't have a written agreement to do that. Please advise me in what I should do.
Thank you, Cynthia Pietrantoni
- Suing a Former Tenant for Unpaid Rent
- How to Collect Rent If a Tenant Breaks a Lease
- Can My Tenant Break the Lease?
- Can My Landlord Take Me to Small Claims Court if I Broke My Lease
- What Happens if a Tenant Wants to Break the Lease Before Moving In?
- How to Break a Lease on Your Apartment