Skip to main content

What do I do when a tenant breaks a Lease for an apartment, moves to Canada, and still has unpaid rent owed.

Location: West Medford  |  Law type: real estate consultants

I have tenants who signed a Lease Agreement which expires May 1, 2019.  They moved to Canada the first of the year.  They did pay the rent for January and want the Security Deposit to be used for February.  However, we feel they have no intention of paying till May.  I did speak with someone at Eastern Housing Court.  He mentioned the security cannot be used because bills are still accruing (the remaining month's rent) and we don't have a written agreement to do that. Please advise me in what I should do.

Thank you, Cynthia Pietrantoni

Quick reply:

Browse our list of real estate lawyers and consultants near you and resolve your issue!

Legal question "What do I do when a tenant breaks a Lease for an apartment, moves to Canada, and still has unpaid rent owed." has been written 5 months 2 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of West Medford & area of law: real estate consultants. Latest answer commented 5 months 2 weeks ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called real estate consultants? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of West Medford and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"What do I do when a tenant breaks a Lease for an apartment, moves to Canada, and still has unpaid rent owed."

real estate consultants West Medford

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy

© 2016