Skip to main content
Find & compare more Family law attorneys and hire the best lawyers from Salt Lake City & Utah & near you.

What can I do when my attorney, after 3 years, thousands of dollars, a mountian of paperwork, Get to court and did nothing left me swinging in the breeze.

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah  |  Law type: Family law attorneys

Seperated from my wife 6/2004. She kicked my low back while still recovering from a back surgery. Put me in the hosiptial. She was convicted of assault, child endangerment. I got a protective order, filed for divorce. Completed 11/2005. It was not finalized. From 6/2004 I have been under attack. She vowed to ruin my life. She has done that. I have had to defend myself from endless false charges. She learned that she could say anything to police, courts and it was to me to disprove..A long expensive nightmare. After I had won thru appeal a false charge.  She wanted to finalize the divorce.We both found out after two years the seperation void. She ask if I would pay the attorney fees to finalize the divorce. Kids are grown, no new issues. She wanted to get on her boyfriends medical insurance. I did that, she signed, what could go wrong. 45 days later she said I had made her sign under duress. No proof, I didn't. She had found out I had recieved a small inheiratance from my father. I have been on perm/disability 3/2001. I'm 63 years old.My youngest daughter lived with her mother about 4 years. Kicked her out when the SSI ran out. What landed on my doorstep was a drug monster, hooked on Meth she got from her mother. She almost died, got away just in time. Our orignal divorce would have given her $5000 from my 401k. No alimony. In court. with no attorney, no proof of anything. She played poor her. I had a ton of paperwork, her arrest record with felony convictions plus. Judge ask why she didn't have a job. Answered didn't want to work. My attorney sat there, didn't question anything.. Now I'm supposed to pay $578 for next 17 years. 2/3 of my 401K. My attorney lost the appeal. He lost to a street junkie with no attorney. Did waive his $12,000 fee for appeal. I still owe him. I have no attorney. I went alone to a motion to show cause. Back alimony now a judgement. $16,000, possible contempt charge. I am now homeless. What can I do? Leave the state ? I wish I had researched my attorneys record. When I did, It was too late.

Legal question "What can I do when my attorney, after 3 years, thousands of dollars, a mountian of paperwork, Get to court and did nothing left me swinging in the breeze." has been written 7 months ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Salt Lake City, Utah & area of law: Family law attorneys. Latest answer commented 7 months ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.

  • Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
  • Adoption and surrogacy
  • Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
  • The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
  • Juvenile adjudication
  • paternity testing and paternity fraud
  • more about family law at wikipedia

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Family law attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Salt Lake City, Utah and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"What can I do when my attorney, after 3 years, thousands of dollars, a mountian of paperwork, Get to court and did nothing left me swinging in the breeze."

Family law attorneys Salt Lake City Utah

I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy

© 2016