Skip to main content

What can I do or what is my legal rights?

Location: Arizona  |  Law type: Child & family lawyers

My name is Casey Combs and my niece was born October 13,2022, with drugs in her system. Her mother and father contacted a place where them and the baby could stay together while detoxing. Eventually, DCS got involved. On October 27,,2022, I was contacted by Karen Parra the DCS specialist invesgitator. She was calling to ask me if i was interested in being the kinship caregiver for my niece, her name is Lyla Renee Langley. She informed me that it would be permenant placement and she needed my information to run a background check on me. This was exactly one hour before she was going to show up at my house to do a home inspection. I agreed but informed her that I would not be able to make it to my house until after my client;s mother returned home. See I am a CNA and an inhome health care provioder and one of m y client's mother was out of town and by law i am not allowed to leave any of my clients alone without being relived fron my shift. Otherwise I can face abandonment and negelect charges. Anhyway but I told her that my mother was there, who also had a bcakground check done on her because she lives in the home with me. About an hour later Karen called me back and stated that my  mother and I both passed the check. She just needed to know which one my bother wanted to be the primary kinship caregiver for Lyla to be. In the end it was decidede that I would the kinship caregiver and my mother the babhyitter. She came and did the home inspection and denined  the home. The reason on the letter stated that my home could not meet all the child's needs. But when I spoke to her oin the phone when she called ti tell me that it was denied she stateds that she owed me an apology because she had already had it in her head that my house was not going to pass based on the statements that my mother to her in a private interview. I then inquired about it was that I needed to do to reverse the issue. Karen told me that all I needed to do was clean up the house and get rid of the clutter and call her and she would come back out and reinspect the home. During the time i took to clean up the house and get things in order for the inspection I asked her if there was anything specific that they would be looking for and her aswer was if I knew how to be a parent Then I would  know what to do to make my house baby safe. During this time the case got transfered to the permenant case worker. Who is telling me that there was a note attatched to the deninal letter about an issue with one of our back ground checks, which neither my mother nor I was ever made aware of until now three months later and I am now being informed that I have to file a grievance with an onbudsman and only if they find that my case needs to be remanaged will my reinspection of the home be done. After i have cleaned my house out, rented a storage until to put any and all things that may have made my home look cluttered, installed smoke and carbon deectors, stopped smoking in my ome, and reareranged my entire life with the believe that my niece was coming home to her family am i informed of all these other things never even mentioned by any other dcs employee there are just a few hundred more hoops I need to jump through. All this time Lyla is missing out on being apart the family she belongs and becoming more and more depended AND ATTATCHED TO STRANGERS WHO ARE NOT GOING TO BE THERE IN THE LONG RUN. BECAUSE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER MY NIECE WILL BE RAISED EITHER BY ME OR BY HER FATHER MY BROTHER COME HIGH HELL OR HOT WATER. I WILL NOT STOP FIGHTING UNTIL LYLA RFENEE LANGLEY IS RETURNED TO HER BLOOD FAMILY AND EXACTLY WHERE SHE DESERVE TO BE AND SHOULD BE. PLEASE HELP ME AND IF YOU CAN NOT I WELCOME ANY AND ALL ASSISYTANCDE YOU ARE WILLING nd able tp give with this case. Please help right a wrong thart has been done tnot onlky this baby but my entire family.


                                     Thank you for your time 

                                        Casey Lynn Combs

If you have any further questions feel free to contact meby


    phone: 6238509071 call lor text

    mail: 10031 N 15 Ave apt D phoenix az 850321


Legal question "What can I do or what is my legal rights?" has been written 3 weeks 1 day ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Arizona & area of law: Child & family lawyers. Latest answer commented 3 weeks 1 day ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Child & family lawyers? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Arizona and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"What can I do or what is my legal rights?"

Arizona Child & family lawyers

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016