Skip to main content

What is the best way to defend myself and respond to an ex parte emergency custody order petitioned using false allegations?

Location: Rocky Mount  |  Law type: child custody attorneys

I was a stay at home mother to our 2 year old son for 8 months prior to separating from my husband. I also was regularly responsible for the care and supervision of my 2 minor stepdaughters as well when they were at our home. Around 10 days post separation, my husband filed for an ex parte emergency custody order using false allegations of substance abuse against me. My husband and his sister in law are insistent upon continuing to inflict emotional damage upon me, but it is damaging our son in the process. He continues to use the order as a means to punish, control, threaten, and intimidate me into conceding to his demands. I left our home with our son and only our clothing and personal belongings to escape his constant verbal and emotional abuse. He has progressively made decisions in attempts to alienate me from our sons life and it’s so unfair to him. As I stated i was a stay at home mom, my husband controlled the finances, as well as everything else. Before the order was out in place, our son primarily resides with me and I never once tried to restrict contact between our son and my husband. He refuses to be reasonable; the rules of my allowed visitation change each day and I can’t keep up, I cringe when I think of the impact it could have on my baby boy. I was his constant and we spent almost all of our waking hours together. Anytime his sense of power and control is threatened, my contact with my son becomes more and more restrictive. What should I be doing and filing. I have read the rules of civil procedure and other state statutes but it’s so hard to know what the right or appropriate course of action should be on my part. I have prepared an answe and counterclaim to his complaint. I have also prepared a motion to show cause for him not allowing visitation that was acceptable the day before. PLEASE HELP. Having to endure this type of emotional assault is unbearable and I would sell one of my kidneys to have representation so that our son’s best interest are made the priority. Not my husband interest. 

Legal question "What is the best way to defend myself and respond to an ex parte emergency custody order petitioned using false allegations? " has been written 1 month 2 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Rocky Mount & area of law: child custody attorneys. Latest answer commented 1 month 2 weeks ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called child custody attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Rocky Mount and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"What is the best way to defend myself and respond to an ex parte emergency custody order petitioned using false allegations? "

child custody attorneys Rocky Mount

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016