Married 10 years, he's the one asking for divorce. We have 7 year old twins, they are high functioning autistic, with sensory processing disorder and speech delay. I am a stay at home mom. We have a house that we bought 3 and a half years ago. The house was bought with the down-payment that came from my 401k. I was told that money is returned to me after the sale of the house. Is that true?
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia