Skip to main content

Is there an Attorney in the Horry County area that specializes in CWP Law/CWP Denial Appeals? If not in Horry County, anywhere in the eastern half of South Carolina?

Location: North Myrtle Beach  |  Law type: guns & gunsmiths

In 1995, in Oceanside, CA, I was placed under "Citizen's Arrest" by my husband (at the time). The Oceanside Police were required by law to assume the arrest initiated by my husband without assessing the facts or evidence of the case, which is what they did. After being booked into the city jail and, then, transferred to the county jail to be held until such time as a decision was made by the prosecutor as to the factual circumstances of the incident and as to whether or not, in his opinion, a crime had potentially been committed and as to the sufficiency of the evidence for the State to bring charges against me. When that time came, a couple days later, the Prosecutor decided that there was absolutely no evidence that I committed any crime at all and that there was absolutely nothing he could even change me with - not even a misdemeanor disorderly conduct, which charge has an extremely low threshold to meet. I was summarily released from the county jail - period. There was no case - no case number - no Judge assigned - no hearing - no disposition of a case (because there was no case of which to dispose) - no follow-up of any kind. I was simply let go and that was the end of it. 


About six years ago, I filed an application for a CCP (Concealed Carry Permit) in Ohio, which I received easily and held without incident until moving to South Carolina when such move rendered that CCP invalid. I took the required CCW class for the State of South Carolina and applied for a CCW. Three months later, I received a denial letter from SLED stating that I MAY HAVE BEEN convicted of an assult carrying mandatory jail time in Oceanside, CA, in 1995, but they could not tell for sure so, because they did not know one way or the other, they were denying my application. They went on to state that I would be required to provide them with proof of the disposition of the case before they would issue me a CCW. I am sure you can immediately see the issue with this requirement. 


I am searching for an Attorney to assist me with filing and conducting an appeal from the SLED decision to deny my CCP. 


I have researched Citizen's Arrest laws/rules/requirements for the State of California both in 1995 and in 2022, which is very clear and very plainly explains the EXACT circumstances of what took place in 1995. I can provide this research to whoever assists me and save them a LOT of time. I am also willing to assist with drafting any letters, Motions, Appeals, etc. that become necessary or required. I have a strong legal background with many years as a paralegal. 


Please contact me at either 843.698.3127 or at 


Thank you. 


Kassandra Long 

Legal question "Is there an Attorney in the Horry County area that specializes in CWP Law/CWP Denial Appeals? If not in Horry County, anywhere in the eastern half of South Carolina?" has been written 1 month 3 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of North Myrtle Beach & area of law: guns & gunsmiths. Latest answer commented 1 month 3 weeks ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called guns & gunsmiths? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of North Myrtle Beach and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Is there an Attorney in the Horry County area that specializes in CWP Law/CWP Denial Appeals? If not in Horry County, anywhere in the eastern half of South Carolina?"

guns & gunsmiths North Myrtle Beach

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016