my wife is a very high wage earner and I'm a very low wage earner because of my disability with depression and anxiety. I'm seeing various doctors to try to improve my situation, but now my wife wants to legally separate from me. I have to have the paperwork filled out and filed and her served before the 17th of March. I don't know if I can afford anything, I could try to put something on a credit card, but then I'll have that incredible debt to pay back with my low-wage.
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia