I am buying a home without an agent; I am representing myself. There is a seller’s agent. I need legal advice/review for the purchase/closing on of a townhouse or condo or coop in Hennepin or Ramsey County, MN. I am looking at potential places now. Below are my questions:
• What percentage of your practice is residential real estate work? What percentage of your residential real estate work is legal advice for buying/selling vs rental issues vs foreclosure, etc?
• To what degree would you be able to prepare and review documents relating to real estate such as purchase agreements, mortgage documents, title documents, and transfer documents.
• If I were to furnish you with all the documentation could you give me a sense as to how long it would take to prepare and review the documents and about what your services would cost? Do you offer a flat fee service?
• Do you handle this work yourself, or do you delegate certain tasks to others? If so, what task and to whom?
Whether you are a buying or selling a house, a flat or own any other type of property (single family house, commercial real estate), a knowledgeable realtor attorney may help you. Do not use the Seller's Agent, there are many reasons why to hire a real estate lawyer near you. Experienced real estate agents earn high commissions, but they usually have contacts with mortgage loan brokers, inspectors and others who can make your buying process more comfortable and easier. You should hire the best rated and reviewed real estate lawyer, as these agents have a built-in conflict of interest. A real-estate lawyer should protect your legal rights and the best interests in the transaction. Ever!
- Property lawyers can protect our rights when we buy or sell property.
- Real estate attorneys know very well all of the legal documents that have to be collected and completed on time.
- These agents can accelerate the settlement process and save your money.