Skip to main content

Public indecency / obscenity in my home ?

I live alone in my own home for about 10 years and was in my home alone when I heard a knock on my back door between 6 and 7 pm.  I went to the door and no one was there. I then went to my front window to look out through my porch and saw two police officers walking along my window looking inside.  I went to the front door to ask how I could help them and was asked to step outside, which I did. The officer then grabbed my arm and I reflexively pulled back and said I was under arrest.  I asked why I was being arrested, and he said he received a complaint that 3, I believe, kids said they saw me naked from the park behind my house. The officers were going to leave my house open and take me to be charged in just a pair of shorts and sandles until I protested, at which point we locked the house and draped a shirt over be with my hands cuffed behind my back. 

They proceeded to walk me up the middle of the street to the police station a block away from my residence.  At the station the officers read me my rights and began questioning me. Asking why I was outside naked to which I replied I was not. He then asked if I was prone to wearing bikini or women's underwear to which I replied excuse me!  He said we could resolve this if you just show me to which I replied I'm not wearing any underwear.  At that point I refused further discussion without an attorney except to ask about the specifics of what I was being charged. I did not find out until I was brought to the county jail that I had been charged with disorderly conduct, public indecency, and obscenity.  I posted bond and was released. I have no previous record short of traffic violations and a DUI from over a decade ago. I feel my rights and personal privacy has been violated and that I have been arrested without warrant, or cause based on any evidence short of a dubioys complaint. How is this legal?

Quick reply:

Browse our list of Criminal defense lawyers near you and resolve your issue!

Legal question "Public indecency / obscenity in my home ?" has been written 5 months 3 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Christopher, Illinois & area of law: Criminal defense attorney. Latest answer commented 5 months 3 weeks ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

A criminal defense lawyer is a lawyer (mostly barristers) specializing in the defense of individuals and companies charged with criminal activity. Some criminal defense lawyers are privately retained, while others are employed by the various jurisdictions with criminal courts for appointment to represent indigent persons; the latter are generally called public defenders. The terminology is imprecise because each jurisdiction may have different practices with various levels of input from state and federal law or consent decrees. Some jurisdictions use a rotating system of appointments with judges appointing a private practice attorney or firm for each case. Source:

If you're facing criminal charges (You were detained and imprisoned by the police), You have the right to remain silent. You should remember, that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court. You have - just like anyone else -  the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an criminal defense attorney, you may qualify for a court-appointed lawyer. 

  • How to Become a Criminal Defense Lawyer? -
  • Tips on how to find the right lawyer to handle your criminal case -
  • Various ways that private criminal lawyers charge for their work -

How to find and compare top criminal defense law firms that provide legal aid for DUI and other criminal cases? Search Super Lawyers directory, compare criminal attorneys on Justia or browse detailed Avvo reports on Criminal Defense Attorneys across United States.

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Criminal defense attorney? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Christopher, Illinois and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Public indecency / obscenity in my home ?"

Christopher Criminal defense attorney Illinois

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy

© 2016