Skip to main content

Pre-agreement to leave house

Location: Christiansburg  |  Law type: Family law attorneys

Divorce. I was reached out by my husband lawyer over three months ago, indicating he was ready to start divorce process and settlement. I retained a lawyer over two months ago; provided all my financial information; was even asked to shared last three pay stubs. After that, I did not hear from my lawyer for a while until about a month ago, when he asked to meet, to let me know my husband was looking forward to get a pre-agreement signed by both parties in order to leave the household, my attorney advised, it was best to get him "our of my hair"; then three weeks ago, I received via email, not a draft but a signed pre-agreement signed by my husband; with 4 bullet points, first he indicated we agreed to live separated within the same roof on Dec 2017, which is plain lie; second bullet point read, "If either party files for divorce" which immediately set a red flag for me; Why, he supposed to be ready to proceed with divorce over three months ago; however, no divorce has been filed, I have not been summon. I get back to my lawyer with my comments in regards to the pre-agreement, his reply, oh apologies, these are wrong, I have not had time to review. Lastly, he indicated I could just cross over what I was not agree and write down my initials. At the end, I let him know, I was not comfortable signing such pre-agreement. My two children are now adults and in college put of the house. Two weeks after I last interacted with my lawyer, he called me for a meeting in person; during the meeting he indicated that I had to sign the agreement, otherwise he could not continue representing me.

Legal question "Pre-agreement to leave house" has been written 3 weeks 3 days ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Christiansburg & area of law: Family law attorneys. Latest answer commented 3 weeks 3 days ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.

  • Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
  • Adoption and surrogacy
  • Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
  • The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
  • Juvenile adjudication
  • paternity testing and paternity fraud
  • more about family law at wikipedia

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Family law attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Christiansburg and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Pre-agreement to leave house"

Christiansburg Family law attorneys

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016