In my divorce agreement it states that I will pay my ex husband $300 a week for a period of 10 years. The said alimony shall be non modifiable as to the duration only. Said alimony will terminate on the first to occur of the husband or wife's death; 10 years from the date the wife begins, or upon the husband's remarriage. Said alimony shall be terminable or modifiable by motion of the wife, in accordance to the provision of CT Statute, if the husband resides for any period of time with an unrelated female.
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia