We have been making parts for a company for over 20 years. Under today's circumstances they have all but cut our work out, sending to other shops and CHINA . I have been in this business for over 50 years and what they tell me I don't believe. We are looking at putting up a website to sell some of the parts we have made for years. They have no patents or copy rights on the parts. What kind of come back could they do? I have 3 employees plus myself and I don't want to close the business, it is to be left to my son and grandson. I understand one outcome would be I would lose their business, but once found the parts would be a lot cheaper than what they sell and our would be made in USA 100%
Remember, if you are sued, it's too late to hire a business lawyer. If you are a small business owner or if you are starting a new business, a business lawyer can advise you on many aspects that are related to business! Contacting a small business attorney or law firm only when there is a current urgent problem is unhappy. The sooner you hire a business attorney, the better.
How much does a business lawyer in your location cost?
The most experienced and skilled corporate lawyers can cost between $350 and $700 per hour. It depends on a variety of factors, such as geographic location (U.S state), firm size (single attorney vs large business law firm and in some cases, a business lawyer can charge a flat fee (f.e: setting up an LLC). Types of Business Attorneys:
- 1. Contract lawyer will be needed to prepare the standard form contracts.
- 2. Business organizations: corporation or limited liability company (LLC).
- 3. Business attorney for real estate.
- 4. Taxes and licenses: your business (tax) lawyer should know how to register your business for federal and state tax identification numbers and how to fill out the necessary forms.
- 5. Intellectual property attorney would be needed for all type of media, design or other creative-type business firms.