Skip to main content

Need help with partner who had left / not married

Location: Port Jervis  |  Law type: Family law attorneys

I was with my partner for over 36 years and we were living in the house together for over 27 years and he decided that he was not happy and left . My youngest daughter and my son-in-law said that they would move in to pay the mortgage because I could not afford it . We were never married and everybody I have talked to said that there is no common law marriage and the house is in his name . My daughter and son in law are going to be moving into there new home within the next three weeks  
We raised five children together the last three his and recently I had to retire do to the pandemic where I was working as a teacher assistant for over 16 years and so my partner said maybe it would be good for me to retire and what ever I did not make he would take care of that and give me what I needed . I helped so much through all the years together when there was times that he was not working but there is no proof and we also had a joint bank account but he closed it . Since this has happened with all the things that he had told me what he was going to do we're all lies multiple cheating that I found out about from his brother and I have been depressed and am seeing a therapist and on medication do to all of this and financially with nothing . Once my daughter and son-in-law are in the new home he will selling and not giving me anything . My first goal is to be able to keep this house it's where we raised our children and always said that we would leave to the children . My second goal if not being able to get this would be to at least give me something out of it to be able to get a place because everything I checked it's not good because I only get 924 a month from my social security. I was in contact with legal aid and they says that there would be nothing that they could do except that if he does proceed with eviction papers then they could help with that to bide me to stay in the home and also to seek someone who could help by getting a equitable claim . 

Legal question "Need help with partner who had left / not married " has been written 3 weeks 1 day ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Port Jervis & area of law: Family law attorneys. Latest answer commented 3 weeks 1 day ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.

  • Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
  • Adoption and surrogacy
  • Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
  • The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
  • Juvenile adjudication
  • paternity testing and paternity fraud
  • more about family law at wikipedia

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Family law attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Port Jervis and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Need help with partner who had left / not married "

Family law attorneys Port Jervis

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016