Skip to main content

Inheritance rights

Over a year ago my brothers and I were contacted by a research bureau notifying us that we were rightful heirs and asking us to hire them, which we did. Just recently we received a letter from this research bureau stating that they just discovered an heir that was a closer relation to the deceased and we no longer need to be concerned. I called  them to inquire and was told they couldn't find this heir due to Covid and this heir is extremely elderly with no spouse or children.                                                                                                  One of the reasons we hired them was because both verbally and their website states "we never contact anyone unless we are confident the individuals we identify are the lawful heirs".  That being said, can this bureau go back on the original commitment to my brothers and myself by bringing in this heir after a year? If so I asked the bureau what would happen if this heir passed away before or after receiving the money, they said that the money would go to the state, wouldn't my brothers and I receive the money seeing that we are recognized heirs?                                                                        Would this situation require us to hire an attorney? 

Thank You,

Beth B.




Legal question "Inheritance rights" has been written 1 month 2 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Arlington Heights & area of law: probate law attorneys. Latest answer commented 1 month 2 weeks ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called probate law attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Arlington Heights and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Inheritance rights"

Arlington Heights probate law attorneys

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016