My niece lives in HUD apartment. The are evicting her because she did not pay electric bill in her name in time so it was transferred back to apartments name,. They gave here to that afternoon to pay it. They sent her eviction notice . She had a hearing. Received determination from hearing. Denied because of electric bill and apartment was not put in her name IN MArch from the office like it was suppose to be.(her boyfriend moved out and it was suppose to be put in her name in MArch but they never done it) BUt they gave her an extra week to move out if she paid electric bill due now. I thought if they accepted any money from her, that voids eviction.
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia