Skip to main content

if working for live-in or servicing and elderly person that has promised their house/estate after they pass away

about how to make sure I get paid when living with older woman, 72, as live-in helper and chore person, and handyman when she says she will leave me her house/estate. I have been here almost a  complete year when she might or might not complete a Will.

It is important to get everything in writing when living with an older woman and being paid for your services. Make sure that you have a written agreement or contract outlining the duties expected of you, as well as the payment that will be provided. Additionally, it is also a good idea to include language about what happens if your employer passes away. This should include provisions for any unpaid wages and/or a provision for the transfer of ownership of the house or estate to you upon her passing. Make sure that this contract is signed by both parties and keep a copy for your records. It may also be helpful to have other professionals (such as a lawyer) review it before signing.

It is also important to keep detailed records of the payments you receive and what services you provide. This will help to ensure that all obligations are met and can be used as evidence in the case of any disputes or disagreements about payment. Finally, it is important to have a trusted third party, such as a lawyer or family member, who is aware of the agreement and can help to ensure that all parties abide by it.

Will you be entitled to her house as live-in helper?

The answer to this question depends on the specifics of your agreement. If there is language in the contract stating that you will be entitled to her house or estate upon her passing, then you may have a claim to it. However, if there is no such language in the contract then it is unlikely that you will be able to make a legal claim to her house. It is important to ensure that all details are included in your contract, so it is worth discussing this issue with a lawyer who can advise you on the best course of action.

Legal question "if working for live-in or servicing and elderly person that has promised their house/estate after they pass away " has been written 1 month 3 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Chattanooga & area of law: general practice attorneys. Latest answer commented 1 month 3 weeks ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called general practice attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Chattanooga and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"if working for live-in or servicing and elderly person that has promised their house/estate after they pass away "

Chattanooga general practice attorneys

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016