I know that its illegal to inquire about someone having the card but can an employer harass you with random drug tests, assuming you use? (all under the guise of following handbook rule of reserving the right for random testing). Employment law cases are difficult in "right to work" ..or " employment at will" states aren't they?
Quick reply - medical marijuana card holder in Arizona:
Hello, thank you for your question related to medical marijuana card holders in Arizona and marijuana law related to employment law. Firstly, Arizona employers may require applicants to take a drug test as a condition of employment. If you are the holder of a medical marijuana card issued by the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), you are allowed to possess and use no more than 2.5 ounces of marijuana.
- Arizona Laws on Drug Testing Employees and Applicants
- Work > Discrimination on the Job > Medical Marijuan
- ADHS - Medical Marijuana - Home - Arizona Department
- Can an employer fire me for having a medical marijuana card?
- State Bar of Arizona :: Ethics Opinion
- How to Comply with New State and Local Laws
- Pre-Employment Drug Testing Laws - Tomo Drug Testing
How to find an excellent lawyer for your case? Browse our list of labor & employment lawyers near you and resolve your issue! Compare attorney fees, experience, reputation among clients, and services offered.