Skip to main content

I would like to change my guilty plea to not guilty.

Location: Kennett  |  Law type: Criminal defense attorney

I wrecked my car in a field outside of town without a phone I walked about three miles to the nearest building which was a shop. There was no one there and it was the middle of the night so I waited there inside the unlocked building for someone to help me. I found a pair of gloves and a jacket I put on to keep warm. I was in survivor mode fighting for my life. When the owner arrived he called the police where I was quickly arrested and taken to jail for a week with a $50,000 bond. I was never served with a warrant nor was aware of my charges. The officer did not ask if I was ok, as I was clearly in distress. While I was in jail my brother passed away and was not able to get talk to my family. I was not given du process. I appeared in court and was given a public defender who I could not ever get in touch with to know what I was being charged. I never met with him, he never asked what happened. I was just asked to plead guilty to 2 counts of felony breaking an entry when I was at court right before seeing the judge. I was in tremendous emotional distress dealing with the death of my brother I did not understand why or what my charges were. I would like to have the opportunity to a fair trial. I have paid my bondsman $5,000 and my total fines costing 1,240. I am currently on probation for 5 years. I have a bs degree and this charge is destroying career. I would like the opportunity to present all evidence and let the court hear my case because it was not heard. I was treated unfairly and the arresting officer did not even finish his report until December. This incident happened on November 4th. I need a lawyer to hear my case and help me get this settled.

Legal question "I would like to change my guilty plea to not guilty." has been written 1 month 2 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Kennett & area of law: Criminal defense attorney. Latest answer commented 1 month 2 weeks ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

A criminal defense lawyer is a lawyer (mostly barristers) specializing in the defense of individuals and companies charged with criminal activity. Some criminal defense lawyers are privately retained, while others are employed by the various jurisdictions with criminal courts for appointment to represent indigent persons; the latter are generally called public defenders. The terminology is imprecise because each jurisdiction may have different practices with various levels of input from state and federal law or consent decrees. Some jurisdictions use a rotating system of appointments with judges appointing a private practice attorney or firm for each case. Source:

If you're facing criminal charges (You were detained and imprisoned by the police), You have the right to remain silent. You should remember, that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court. You have - just like anyone else -  the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an criminal defense attorney, you may qualify for a court-appointed lawyer. 

  • How to Become a Criminal Defense Lawyer? -
  • Tips on how to find the right lawyer to handle your criminal case -
  • Various ways that private criminal lawyers charge for their work -

How to find and compare top criminal defense law firms that provide legal aid for DUI and other criminal cases? Search Super Lawyers directory, compare criminal attorneys on Justia or browse detailed Avvo reports on Criminal Defense Attorneys across United States.

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Criminal defense attorney? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Kennett and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"I would like to change my guilty plea to not guilty."

Criminal defense attorney Kennett

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016