Skip to main content

I need to know what can be done about officers violating my rights

On Saturday January 25th 2020 me and a passenger in my car was leaving Walmart when my car was pulled over. As I pulled over the passenger jumped out and ran. The cop car that was pulling me over went around me in pursuit of the passenger the jumped out and so did an additional silver Ford F-150 pickup truck which turned out to be an unmarked police vehicle I hold my car out of traffic and when I did the two officers turn their guns on me screaming get my hands in the air or they will shoot. I fully complied with no resistance at all with every command they asked me to do. I got out of the car and was placed in handcuffs and as the cuffs was being put on I asked the officer why am I being placed under arrest. He informed me that I was not being placed under arrest that I was being put in cuffs because my "homeboy" jumped out and ran. I told him that had nothing to do with me but he just told me that I was being held until the suspect was caught. He then placed me in the backseat of a separate police cruiser and I asked again am I being placed under arrest and when I was told no again I said I do not feel comfortable being placed in the back of that vehicle if I'm not under arrest and they told me to shut up and get in after sitting in the back of the cruiser for roughly an hour, the police overheard the call on the radio saying that the suspect was spotted and that there were other police officers in pursuit and when he heard this he slammed his door closed put his SUV cruiser in reverse and pulled out leaving my car on the side of the road and leaving me in the backseat with no seatbelt and in handcuffs of his cruiser and taking off at high rates of speed to offer his assistance in pursuit that really wasn't necessary. I informed the officer as he drove at high rates of speed and hitting the brakes to make sharp turns that him driving like that I was pretty sure was illegal and that he was making my hand cuts hurt even worse by slinging me around in the seat and I asked him did he understand that this was illegal. He informed me that I would be okay just to hold tight and shut up. After roughly 2 hours of being held like this they finally catch the suspect and instead of immediately releasing me like they said they held me in the car while my vehicle was searched without permission and then after that they unhandcuffed me and tried to tell me sorry that I had to go through that. What can I do about this?

Legal question "I need to know what can be done about officers violating my rights" has been written 2 months ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Dahlonega & area of law: discrimination & civil rights law.... Latest answer commented 2 months ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called discrimination & civil rights law...? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Dahlonega and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"I need to know what can be done about officers violating my rights"

Dahlonega discrimination & civil rights law...

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016