Skip to main content

I am in dire need of legal help with my mother who has dementia/alzheimer's and gambling away all her money

Location: Libby  |  Law type: elder law attorneys

My mother has dementia/alzheimers and she has gambled away all her hard earned savings and now her monthly income every month. I have DPA and am now bill payer on her account because she was bouncing checks. I need to know what my legal next step should be...Is there a way to block her from going to the casinos? She lives in Libby and I am in Seattle so it is hard to manage her from a distance. The casinos know she is blowing through all her money but they encourage it because they make so much money off her. 

I try to talk to her about her spending but she gets very hateful towards me and I know its her disease...we once used to very very close and she now hates me and feels I'm being too controlling of her when I am only trying to do what is best for her.

I know nothing about the medicare "spend down" but do know she will soon need assisted living. Her home is on both or our names. Can I do a quick claim to put it all in my name with the DPA? 

Legal question "I am in dire need of legal help with my mother who has dementia/alzheimer's and gambling away all her money" has been written 1 year 4 months ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Libby & area of law: elder law attorneys. Latest answer commented 1 year 4 months ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called elder law attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Libby and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"I am in dire need of legal help with my mother who has dementia/alzheimer's and gambling away all her money"

elder law attorneys Libby

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016