I have reason to believe my spouse is being unfaithful, I have seen a text and have a screenshot of another text. I have asked him to discuss this and he refuses and denies everything. I also have screenshots where he has used maps on his iPhone to get directions to different hotels. I was wondering if I should try to find a Private Investigator and if I would even be able to afford it and how to proceed with living arrangements, etc.
Quick reply - unfaithful spouse and divorce/separation in California:
Hello, thank you for your question related to divorce and unfaithful spouse.
Generally, adultery is not a valid legal ground for divorce in California. Therefore, most courts do not require proof of the adulterous act itself. However, specific judges can consider the financial impact a partner's adultery might have on the non-straying spouse...
California is a no-fault divorce state - explanation
You can get divorced in California for one of two possible reasons:
- Your spouse (wife) suffers from incurable insanity
- Irreconcilable differences between you and your spouse have badly damaged your relationship that it can't be saved
- The Three Legal Reasons for Divorce
- Adultery in California: Does Cheating Affect Alimony
- Adultery & Divorce Laws in California | LegalZoom
- How Does Adultery Affect Divorce?
- What if My Spouse Won't Cooperate in a California Divorce
How to find an excellent divorce lawyer (separation / divorce assistant) for your case? Browse our list of Divorce attorneys near you and resolve your issue! Compare family attorney fees, experience, reputation among clients, and services offered.