My son is charged with 3 counts of robbery and 1 count of use of a weapon to commit felony
Thank you for getting in touch. How much will a criminal defense lawyer in Nebraska cost? Whether a criminal defense lawyer bill by the hour or by the case, they typically want defendants to pay a retainer fee up front. If a lawyer charges a flat fee, and the charge is a misdemeanor, you can expect to pay around $1,500-$4,500. If there is a chance to get to trial, you can expect to pay between $4,500-$6,500. These prices may vary a lot, depending on your case and lawyer.
- Use of a deadly weapon to commit a felony - Nebraska Legislature
- Nebraska Felony Crimes by Class and Sentences
- 28-518. Grading of theft offenses - Nebraska Legislature
- Robbery definitions and penalties | Petersen Criminal Law
- Class IIA felony - Nebraska Legislature
- Nebraska Petty Theft and Other Theft Laws
- Armed Robbery Defense Lawyer Explains the Crime
A criminal defense lawyer is a lawyer (mostly barristers) specializing in the defense of individuals and companies charged with criminal activity. Some criminal defense lawyers are privately retained, while others are employed by the various jurisdictions with criminal courts for appointment to represent indigent persons; the latter are generally called public defenders. The terminology is imprecise because each jurisdiction may have different practices with various levels of input from state and federal law or consent decrees. Some jurisdictions use a rotating system of appointments with judges appointing a private practice attorney or firm for each case. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_defense_lawyer
If you're facing criminal charges (You were detained and imprisoned by the police), You have the right to remain silent. You should remember, that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court. You have - just like anyone else - the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an criminal defense attorney, you may qualify for a court-appointed lawyer.
- How to Become a Criminal Defense Lawyer? - wikihow.com
- Tips on how to find the right lawyer to handle your criminal case - nolo.com
- Various ways that private criminal lawyers charge for their work - nolo.com
How to find and compare top criminal defense law firms that provide legal aid for DUI and other criminal cases? Search Super Lawyers directory, compare criminal attorneys on Justia or browse detailed Avvo reports on Criminal Defense Attorneys across United States.