My ex-husband who I've been divorced from for about 6 years filed a no contact order on me because I sent him text messages he did not like knocked on his door one time in about 8 months. The text messages I sent were very colorful and I did not choose my words wisely I guess some could be viewed as threatening. He not only asked for the no contact order be put in place to protect himself from me but my 14 year old son as well.
He also is bringing the past into the hear and now and has made me seem violent which I am not.
I have no lawyer and court is tomorrow. What do I do?
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia