Skip to main content

how to I file a complaint or who do I notify about an employer who failed / refused to provide the required information re: my rights/responsibilities following an on the job injury.

I worked for a residential motel handling the day to day general maintenance duties for approx 8 years.  Last August (2017) I was carrying boxes  (containing air conditioner installation parts and tools) from the "work truck" in the parking lot of the hotel property to one of the units.  I tripped on one of those cement parking space markers.  I landed hard on both knees causing immediate bruising and abrasions.  As soon as I was able to regain my footing,  I went directly to the office (on the same property) to let the office manager know I may not be able to finish the a/c installations that day (as it required multiple trips up and down 2 to 3 flights of stairs).  I didn't feel the injury to my knees was an "emergency" medical issue, but the pain was substantial and made it difficult to put my full weight on either leg.  one of the owners of the property who is also one of my direct supervisors was present in the office when I reported the incident. I was told to "take it easy" and seek medical treatment if I felt the need.  I was not and have never been provided the policies and procedures information necessary for filing a workplace injury claim.  Two days later I was brought to the ER with a very high fever and a severe infection in my right leg at the sight of the bruising and abrasions from my fall.  I was hospitalized for 7 days.  Again, I was never provided the required paperwork from my employer.  It wasn't until April 2018 (nearly 8 months after being injured) when I received a packet of papers from my employer's insurance carrier notifying me that they had started the claims process.  6 days after the first notice from the Insurance carrier, I received a Notice of Denial.  I've started the appeals process, but I can't seem to find any information on what to do if an Employer is non-compliant and willfully hinders the claims process.  What are the standard repercussions for this kind of negligence and how do I make my case to hold them accountable?


Legal question "how to I file a complaint or who do I notify about an employer who failed / refused to provide the required information re: my rights/responsibilities following an on the job injury." has been written 9 months ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of California & area of law: workers compensation & disability.... Latest answer commented 9 months ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called workers compensation & disability...? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of California and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"how to I file a complaint or who do I notify about an employer who failed / refused to provide the required information re: my rights/responsibilities following an on the job injury."

California workers compensation & disability...

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy

© 2016