Skip to main content

How to get documentation of dropped charges

Location: New Jersey  |  Law type: drug charges attorneys


While applying for Global Entry on arrival in SFO (20 Aug), I was informed that I had an open charge from 2000 in Clinton, NJ. (Would have been around June-July, if I recall correctly)

How it happened:

While en route driving with a friend from NY to OH, I was pulled over for a broken taillight, questioned, arrested, and charged with possession and intent to use (marijuana), due to a used pipe found in my automobile. When I showed up at court the following Monday, I was instructed that the charges would be dropped and expunged upon paying a fine. I did pay part of the fine, but was delayed from paying the sum in full at the time due to simply not having the funds. I attempted to contact the court a couple years later to pay the rest but could not find anyone who recognized my case number or where or how to complete payment.


According to the officer at SFO, the intent to use charge was dropped, but the possession charge remained open, and this disqualifies me from acceptance to the Global Entry “Trusted Traveler” program due to the nature of the charge being drug-related. They gave me 30 days to send in documentation that the charges have been dropped.


I’m an expat, living in Germany since 2007. My current US mailing residence is in Saratoga, CA with my in-laws. I don’t have the paperwork from the original charges at hand, but may be able to retrieve more information after I return on the 7th Sept.


Who can I or should I contact to help me settle this matter? 

Legal question "How to get documentation of dropped charges" has been written 1 month ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of New Jersey & area of law: drug charges attorneys. Latest answer commented 1 month ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called drug charges attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of New Jersey and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"How to get documentation of dropped charges"

drug charges attorneys New Jersey

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016