I took a former tenant to court for eviction and property damage. I won the case. It has been 7 months and the defendant has not paid me anything. I need help to get the money I was awarded in the court judgement.
Quick reply - monetary court judgement, defendant won't pay:
What happens if a defendant does not pay a judgment at a specified time? The creditor (authorized person / company) has to follow the second step to collect the money you should get. What if the defendant does not pay a small case law? Well, you usually won't be able to sue again on the same issue. If you are the defendant and you fail to appear, the court will ask the plaintiff to present his or her evidence of his case.
- Small claims court: how to enforce a judgment and get your money
- Small Claims Guide in Georgia - Lawyers.com
- GA Magistrate Court Information for Consumers | Georgia Department
- How to Answer a Debt Collection Lawsuit in Georgia
- Don't Sue Unless You Can Collect the Judgment
- I lost a Small Claims Court case, but can't afford to pay what I owe
- Can You Collect Your Money If You Win Your Small Claims Case?
How to find an excellent lawyer for your civil litigation / trial case related to "monetary court judgement? Browse our list of civil litigation & trial law attorneys near you and resolve your issue! The defendant (property damage) will not pay you? Compare attorney fees, experience, reputation among clients, and services offered.
What does a civil litigation and trial lawyers do and do you need an attorney to file a civil lawsuit?
A civil attorney performs similar job tasks as other attorneys, but only in civil cases. For example, when two or more parties will clash in a legal dispute seeking money or immovable property, civil litigation is the result. We can help you find the right and well-skilled trial lawyer or civil litigation attorney in your area to handle your case. You can browse our database of litigation law firms (litigators) for free. Let's start right now...