My nephew is 18 years of age and a senior in high school and plans to graduate in May. His father (my brother) recently passed away and did not have a will. My brother owned a mobile home on a couple of acres of land and also a vehicle. My brother is not married. Can my nephew still drive this vehicle? Where do we go from here?
Thank you for getting in touch.
- What Happens When a Person Dies Without a Will?
- Probate Without a Will - FindLaw
- When you die without a will, this is known as dying intestate. Each state has established guidelines on how property and other assets will be distributed when a person dies intestate.
- Dying Without a Will in Tennessee - The Balance
- Who Can Claim Property Based on Adverse Possession in Tennessee
- What should property owners in Tennessee know about who can lay claim to another's land based on extended usage?
- Understanding Ownership of Property After a Death
- Sole ownership of property simply means that it is owned by one person in his or her individual name and without any transfer on death designation.
- Tennessee Probate and Estate Tax Laws - FindLaw
- Wills and Estates: Should I Probate the Will?
Browse our list of probate law attorneys in your area and resolve your issue!