I live Abroad and wish to file for adopted child.
Quick reply - where do I file Form I-130 from abroad?:
Form I-130 Filing Information for Prospective Adoptive Parents Living Abroad...
The first step is to file the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. Although you usually file immigrant petitions with USCIS domestically, sometimes you can file a Form I-130 petition for an immediate relative (spouse, child, or parent of a U.S. citizen) with a USCIS field office, U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. Petitioners residing overseas in countries where USCIS does not have a public counter presence are required to file their Forms I-130 by mail with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox.
- Form I-130 Filing Information for Prospective Adoptive Parents Living
- Issues for U.S. Expats Filing a Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Alien
- How to Immigrate a Spouse from Overseas: I-130 Marriage Petition
- Filing Immigrant Petitions Outside the United States
- Consular Processing | USCIS
Browse our list of immigration lawyers near you and resolve your issue!