Skip to main content

How can my son beat a drug possession charge?

Location: Elberton  |  Law type: Criminal defense attorney

My son was in a vehicle with a friend of his. This friend had asked my son to ride with him to go see his girlfriend in another town. My son did get in the car willingly. My son said he was bored sitting around the house and was going along for the ride. Upon returning back to town to drop my son off they passed a deputy. The deputy immediately made a uturn and got behind their vehicle.  My son's friend was the driver and was driving his mothers car.  The friend got nervous when the deputy got behind him so he pulled the car into a driveway of someone he didn't know.  The deputy pulled in behind them. The deputy asked the friend who lives at this residence. The friend told the deputy he didnt know. That he was looking for his dog. The deputy asked were either on probation.  They both answered yes. The deputy had the friend give him his license so he could run it. At this time 2 more deputies were pulling up to assist. The deputy came back and told the friend his licenses were suspended for non payment of child support and he had a warrant out for his arrest.  The deputy handcuffed the friend and put him under arrest. A deputy then asked my son what they had been doing.  He told the deputy what they had done. Then the deputy asked if my son had anything on him. My son answered no. The deputy asked my son several times if he had drugs on him or were there any drugs in the vehicle.  My son told him he didnt have anything on him and that wasn't his car but he hadn't seen any drugs in the car.  The officer then proceeded to search the vehicle while another deputy stood with my son. The officer found a bag with drug residue under the driver's seat. When the deputy asked whose bag it was both my son and the friend denied it was theirs. They both were arrested for possession.  This is my son's first arrest for possession but it is this friend's second arrest. While going in front of a judge for bond this friend asked the judge to set a bond so he could go to rehab because he has a drug addiction.  If this friend is saying he has a drug addiction and the drug residue bag was in his car under his seat how can my son still be charged for possession?

Legal question "How can my son beat a drug possession charge?" has been written 1 month 3 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Elberton & area of law: Criminal defense attorney. Latest answer commented 1 month 3 weeks ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

A criminal defense lawyer is a lawyer (mostly barristers) specializing in the defense of individuals and companies charged with criminal activity. Some criminal defense lawyers are privately retained, while others are employed by the various jurisdictions with criminal courts for appointment to represent indigent persons; the latter are generally called public defenders. The terminology is imprecise because each jurisdiction may have different practices with various levels of input from state and federal law or consent decrees. Some jurisdictions use a rotating system of appointments with judges appointing a private practice attorney or firm for each case. Source:

If you're facing criminal charges (You were detained and imprisoned by the police), You have the right to remain silent. You should remember, that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court. You have - just like anyone else -  the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an criminal defense attorney, you may qualify for a court-appointed lawyer. 

  • How to Become a Criminal Defense Lawyer? -
  • Tips on how to find the right lawyer to handle your criminal case -
  • Various ways that private criminal lawyers charge for their work -

How to find and compare top criminal defense law firms that provide legal aid for DUI and other criminal cases? Search Super Lawyers directory, compare criminal attorneys on Justia or browse detailed Avvo reports on Criminal Defense Attorneys across United States.

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Criminal defense attorney? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Elberton and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"How can my son beat a drug possession charge?"

Criminal defense attorney Elberton

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016