Skip to main content

How can I get a law suit decision reversed?

Location: Kalamazoo  |  Law type: consumer law attorneys

I sold my car, and the buyer didn't sign the sales receipt, transfer the title, register the car, nor get insurance coverage. Three months later a "friend" of the buyer crashed & totalled it, AND the Consumer's power pole she hit needed to be replaced.

Since I was still "legally" the owner, I've been sued for $11,000+ for the power pole. Extenuating circumstances at the time prevented me from addressing the lawsuit and now have a lien on my home and my wages currently garnished.

The signed title is now missing. But the person who bought the car has stated under oath at an unrelated trial that she DID purchase the car and drove it, as well as others, for months, with complete disregard to the facts of having no insurance coverage, outdated registration, illegal license plate, and legal ownership belonging to ME.

I have printed copies of texts between myself and her, where I pleaded and demanded she get the title transferred, and her admitting she bought the car and was knowingly driving it illegally. And then 3 months later, her telling me the car had been "stolen" by the girl who crashed it, and that she called the police to report it stolen, when in fact she did NOT call & report it, she GAVE the keys to the girl who crashed it. In the lawsuit it was written that I voluntarily gave the keys to the girl, whom I do NOT know and in fact have never MET the girl.

What recourse do I have? Do I need legal representation? What type of lawyer would I need? Is it possible to do this thru free legal assistance? I'd like to see the girl who bought the car be held ultimately responsible for everything because of her stupidity. But irregardless, I just need this judgement reversed, off my record, and reimbursed for the wages already garnished.


Legal question "How can I get a law suit decision reversed?" has been written 1 month ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Kalamazoo & area of law: consumer law attorneys. Latest answer commented 1 month ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called consumer law attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Kalamazoo and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"How can I get a law suit decision reversed?"

consumer law attorneys Kalamazoo

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016