The mother of my children has taken my two daughters and left for another man while I was at work. Now I have been served an exparte for contacting her about my children's disappearance. I have a hearing date of August 10 and I have not seen my children since about July 4th. Had a local attorney, now SHE has conferred with his office so he will not represent me. I need someone to help me with this whole situation. Things are spiraling quickly as the mother is getting all kinds of help based on false pretenses.
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia