Skip to main content

How can I get custody of my three year old grandson from DHS?

Location: Maine  |  Law type: Family law attorneys

Hello,  I was granted temporary guardianship for my three year old grandson.  The DHS Passamoquaddy told me if I didnt like the outcome which is 

reunification to get a lawyer.  The mother does drugs, is a narcissist psycho path, a bad record of offenses, and broke into my home stealing a lot of my personnel belongings.  She has severe anger issues, hits and yells at my grandson, had burns on his arm, had 2 front teeth removed from falling, hurt his head on a metal toy truck from not watching him, 2 more teeth with caps and 2 more with filling from not brushing his teeth and feeding him candy all the time.  The father was the mother raising and taking care of his son 24/7.  Is a slave and does everything.  A broken nose with a baseball bat, was kicked down stairs and beaten with her fists, and a large heavy piece of wood, then cut open inside bottom lip sliced with a butchers knife.  He has no feeling of his chin.  I want to beable to get custody of my grandson.  My grandson has been taken away several times.  DHS has lied to me several times and worker is a friend on facebook with her.  It is a very dangerous situation and she also has fetal alcohol syndrome and more wrong with her.  She is an unfit mother.  She doesnt do a think just watch tv, and uses phone all day.  She smokes bad my grandson had a bad cough from the smoke.  Also she stalks me from her window.  She never fed my grandson he was always starving.  Please help me and she also drove endangering her child and several times under the influence of drugs.  I dont want anymore harm to come to his father nor my grandson.  Thank you for listening. 


Susan Leone

Legal question "How can I get custody of my three year old grandson from DHS?" has been written 4 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Maine & area of law: Family law attorneys. Latest answer commented 4 weeks ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.

  • Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
  • Adoption and surrogacy
  • Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
  • The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
  • Juvenile adjudication
  • paternity testing and paternity fraud
  • more about family law at wikipedia

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Family law attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Maine and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"How can I get custody of my three year old grandson from DHS?"

Family law attorneys Maine

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016