Skip to main content

How can I extend my J-1 visa in order to complete my Master's degree that I was prevented to achieve due to sexual harassment, retaliation and discrimination?

Location: Oklahoma  |  Law type: immigration law attorneys

Dear Attorney,

I am a sponsored student at Oklahoma State University who came to the US under J-1 Visa, which expired on July 31, 2019. I was prevented from achieving my Master's degree due to severe sexual harassment, retaliation, and discrimination faced in my Department of Geology that Title IX investigators masked under racism (student dispute). I have asked Title IX investigators to reopen my case which is now an ongoing process. In the meantime, I was denied the arbitration procedure stipulated in my contract (TOA) by Ms. Meged (Fulbright Program Officer) who is threatening me of deportation if I do not confirm leaving the US on August 30, 2019. 

Please, would you help me with legal advice on a pro bono basis? I currently have no income and my scholarship was $1,340. Thank you very much for your time to read my email.

Best regards,

  • Sabrina Halli
  • Master's candidate
  • Boone Pickens School of Geology
  • Oklahoma State University
  • +1 619-771-2262

Quick reply - Extension and Frequent J-1 Visa questions::

Extend Your J-1 Visa Internship. As a J-1 Intern, you may have the opportunity to extend your program in the U.S. If your program is currently less than 12 months and you apply within the designated time frame, then you are eligible to apply for an extension. source:


How to find an excellent immigration lawyer in Oklahoma for your case? Browse our list of immigration law attorneys near you and resolve your issue related to extending J-1 visa! Compare immigration attorney fees, experience, reputation among clients, and services offered. 

Legal question "How can I extend my J-1 visa in order to complete my Master's degree that I was prevented to achieve due to sexual harassment, retaliation and discrimination?" has been written 11 months ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Oklahoma & area of law: immigration law attorneys. Latest answer commented 11 months ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called immigration law attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Oklahoma and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"How can I extend my J-1 visa in order to complete my Master's degree that I was prevented to achieve due to sexual harassment, retaliation and discrimination?"

immigration law attorneys Oklahoma

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016