Hello, Mom and Dad made a trust/will over 35 years . As of new year 2021 dad passed away on 1992 xmas eve. ,my younger sister passed away 2019 and me(her only son,58 yrs and mom are only family members left.Mom wants me to be POA but i cant because I'm on SSI,MY X girlfriend was but she resigned,friend of family ..cant her husband is hospitalized...is there a position i can claim without affecting my SSI?
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia