Skip to main content

How do I establish paternity and have my name placed on my daughter's birth certificate

Location: Tampa  |  Law type: Family law attorneys

I need find how do I establish paternity and have my name placed on my daughter's birth certificate. Was not able to sign the birth certificate due to the mother being married. We have been together since July 2016 and my daughter was born 09/06/2017 in Tampa, Florida. Her has been incarcerated since 2003 to present. What is the process to establish paternity? I live in New York and was informed that I needed to go through the Florida court system. The other situation is that we are expecting our second child in July 2019 and she still has not divorce her husband, so is there anything I can do before this child is born so that I can have my name on the birth certificate.

Thank you, Kamau Ambakisye,, (941) 580-1019

Quick reply: how to establish paternity and how to get my name on my daughter's birth certificate

To establish paternity in Florida (Tampa) you (mother or father) can file a Petition (PDF - FLORIDA PUTATIVE FATHER REGISTRY CLAIM OF PATERNITY) to Establish Paternity with the court. In order to file an action in Florida, you (Petitioner) must be a resident of the Florida State for at least 6 months prior to filing...

How to find an excellent lawyer for your "paternity" case? Browse our list of Family law attorneys near you and resolve your issue related to paternity! Compare attorney fees, experience, reputation among clients, and services offered. 

Legal question "How do I establish paternity and have my name placed on my daughter's birth certificate" has been written 3 months 3 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Tampa & area of law: Family law attorneys. Latest answer commented 3 months 3 weeks ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.

  • Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
  • Adoption and surrogacy
  • Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
  • The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
  • Juvenile adjudication
  • paternity testing and paternity fraud
  • more about family law at wikipedia

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Family law attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Tampa and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"How do I establish paternity and have my name placed on my daughter's birth certificate"

Family law attorneys Tampa

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy

© 2016