I need find how do I establish paternity and have my name placed on my daughter's birth certificate. Was not able to sign the birth certificate due to the mother being married. We have been together since July 2016 and my daughter was born 09/06/2017 in Tampa, Florida. Her has been incarcerated since 2003 to present. What is the process to establish paternity? I live in New York and was informed that I needed to go through the Florida court system. The other situation is that we are expecting our second child in July 2019 and she still has not divorce her husband, so is there anything I can do before this child is born so that I can have my name on the birth certificate.
Thank you, Kamau Ambakisye, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 580-1019
Quick reply: how to establish paternity and how to get my name on my daughter's birth certificate
To establish paternity in Florida (Tampa) you (mother or father) can file a Petition (PDF - FLORIDA PUTATIVE FATHER REGISTRY CLAIM OF PATERNITY) to Establish Paternity with the court. In order to file an action in Florida, you (Petitioner) must be a resident of the Florida State for at least 6 months prior to filing...
- How to Make Changes to Your Child's Iowa Birth Certificate
- Establishing Paternity - Florida Dept. of Revenue
- Fathers Rights - Not on the Birth Certificate
- acknowledgment of paternity - Florida Department of Health
- How to Change the Father on your Child's Birth Certificate
How to find an excellent lawyer for your "paternity" case? Browse our list of Family law attorneys near you and resolve your issue related to paternity! Compare attorney fees, experience, reputation among clients, and services offered.
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia