Skip to main content

Hi, my name is Amber Lamb Hi, my name is Amber Lynn. I had a 14-year-old son that died two days before his 15th birthday. He was such a good boy. He died May 15 this year. I’ve been so depressed since his death. CPS has come now and had me

Location: Chandler  |  Law type: Child & family lawyers

Hi, my name is Amber Lynn. I had a 14-year-old son that died two days before his 15th birthday. He was such a good boy. He died May 15 this year. I’ve been so depressed since his death, but push on for my other two younger sons 10 and 11 years old. Somewhere around two months ago Cps came by over, allegations that my house was a danger to the boys and I didn’t bathe them. after the visit, I was informed by the investigator that she was closing the investigation and the allegations were proven false. Then Daniels death threw a red flag so they launched a forensic investigation against my ex who had been driving the vehicle that wrecked causing Daniel‘s death.  my boys and I did interviews for them and I was still informed again that my case was closing the following week. The next week she came to my house claiming more calls and allegations against me this time for manufacturing and using drugs. So I went for a drug test which I passed.  my mom who lives on the same property and stays in my house a lot since Daniel‘s dad did not pass her test. When Cps came and informed us, my mom offered to move, and when they said no, I offered to move with the boys and was also told no.  so I agreed to move the boys one hour away to their stepsisters while I work services for Cps under the threat of losing the boys and my custody rights. It’s been about a month and I have only heard from Cps once in a phone call and twice in texts. I have and I am seeing a drug counselor  And I am in the long process of receiving mental health services through the Andrew Center. Since Cps is initial visit, my 11-year-old was admitted into a mental health facility behind having suicidal thoughts. I got him on medicine and home and things were getting better then Cps had me move them. He’s been off of his medicine and missed doctors appointments since leaving. I am not a bad mom and I do not neglect my boys. I love them and we need each other now.  Especially since losing Daniel and their dad is and will be gone to prison for a while. If you have any suggestions or input or could help in any way, I would be forever grateful. Please. I hate that we won’t be together his first holidays without Daniel we should be together . Thank you for your time.

Understanding the Legal Issues

I am deeply sorry to hear about your loss, Amber. Losing a child is one of the most devastating things a parent can experience. From what you have shared, it seems that CPS has been investigating allegations against you and your family. The initial investigation was about the safety of your home and bathing your children, which was proven false. However, a forensic investigation was launched following the death of your son, which resulted in allegations of drug manufacturing and use. You passed a drug test, but your mom didn't. CPS then asked you to move the boys to their stepsisters and to work with them under the threat of losing custody rights. It's been about a month, and you've only heard from CPS a few times, and your 11-year-old has been admitted to a mental health facility.

It is understandable that you are feeling overwhelmed and desperate for a solution.

Possible Legal Solutions

  1. Hire a child & family lawyer: A lawyer can guide you through the legal process and help protect your rights as a parent. They can also represent you in court if necessary. You can compare lawyers in your area to find one that suits your needs.

  2. Attend all required appointments and comply with CPS requests: CPS has the power to remove your children from your custody if they believe that your home is unsafe. It's crucial to cooperate with them and attend all necessary appointments, such as drug tests, mental health assessments, and counseling sessions.

  3. Seek mental health services: You mentioned that you are receiving mental health services through the Andrew Center, which is a positive step towards healing. You can continue to work with mental health professionals to cope with your loss and improve your overall well-being.

  4. Provide a safe and stable home environment: CPS's main priority is to ensure that your children are safe and well-cared for. You can show them that you are capable of providing a safe and stable home environment for your children by maintaining a clean and healthy living space and providing for their basic needs.

Relevant Authorities and Resources

  • Arizona Department of Child Safety: This is the main agency responsible for investigating allegations of child abuse and neglect in Arizona. You can visit their website for more information about their services and policies.

  • Arizona Child and Family Advocacy Network: This is a network of organizations and professionals who work to support families and protect children's rights in Arizona. They offer a range of services, including legal assistance, counseling, and advocacy.

  • Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence: This organization provides resources and support for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. They also work to raise awareness about these issues and advocate for policy changes.

Legal Services Rates

Below is a table with some rates for various legal services in Chandler, Arizona. Please note that these rates may vary depending on the lawyer's experience and qualifications.

Service Average Hourly Rate
Child Custody $250 - $350
Divorce $200 - $400
Adoption $150 - $300
Child Support $150 - $300
Domestic Violence $200 - $350
Legal question "Hi, my name is Amber Lamb Hi, my name is Amber Lynn. I had a 14-year-old son that died two days before his 15th birthday. He was such a good boy. He died May 15 this year. I’ve been so depressed since his death. CPS has come now and had me" has been written 5 months 4 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Chandler & area of law: Child & family lawyers. Latest answer commented 5 months 4 weeks ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Child & family lawyers? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Chandler and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Hi, my name is Amber Lamb Hi, my name is Amber Lynn. I had a 14-year-old son that died two days before his 15th birthday. He was such a good boy. He died May 15 this year. I’ve been so depressed since his death. CPS has come now and had me"

Chandler Child & family lawyers

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016