Skip to main content

Dealing with a Legal Challenge? Don't wait. Ask your legal question for free. Urgent legal matters require immediate attention!

Potential Personal Injury and Unlawful Eviction in Danbury

This legal question related to personal injury law attorneys in DanburyConnecticut has been answered.


staying with my girlfriend for almost 3 years at her home she had me doing much work changed my leagal address over a year ago got an injury got pushed out of her house

Commonly posted questions...

When an attorney disclosed information that’s privileged what can be done?
3 months 3 weeks ago, personal injury law attorneys, las vegas
A professional and serious image that reflects the legal issue of a work comp claim dispute in Denver, Colorado. The image should depict a setting typical of such disputes, like an office environment with legal documents on a desk and a computer displaying a workers' compensation form on the screen. The office should have visible elements that suggest a legal or insurance claim review, such as a law book, a gavel, and paperwork with 'Workers' Compensation' written on it. The room should have a window showin Why is my employer challenging my work comp claim after an injury in Denver?
7 months 1 week ago, personal injury law attorneys, Denver

Legal Solution

The response provided below is specific to personal injury law attorneys in the jurisdiction of Danbury. The previous inquiry was brief, complicating a thorough response.

Analyzing Potential Personal Injury and Unlawful Eviction in Danbury

Your circumstances imply you've experienced both a personal injury and potential unlawful eviction after having lived and worked at your girlfriend's residence in Danbury for nearly three years. Understanding your legal rights and options can help you make informed decisions moving forward.

Relevant Statutes and Legal Resources for Danbury

  • Connecticut General Statutes Title 52. Civil Actions: Covers the basics of personal injury law.
  • Connecticut General Statutes Title 47a. Landlord and Tenant: Details the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants, which might be applicable if you've established residency at your girlfriend's home.
  • Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection: A general starting point for understanding consumer protection laws in Connecticut, which may have provisions relevant to your case. Homepage

Potential Solutions to Your Problem

  1. Consult a Personal Injury Attorney: If you've been injured, you should consult with personal injury lawyers to assess the validity of your claims and determine the best course of action.

  2. Establish Residency: If you've changed your legal address to your girlfriend's residence, you might have established yourself as a tenant. This can provide you certain rights even if no formal lease exists. A legal expert can provide guidance on whether you were unlawfully evicted.

  3. Document Everything: Make sure to have records of any injuries, correspondence, or agreements related to your living situation and any work you did at her home.

  4. Explore Legal Websites: Websites like Explore Lawyers allow you to compare lawyers in your area and can be instrumental in helping you find the right lawyer for your case.

Average Legal Fees in Danbury

Overview of Legal Fees:

Service Average Cost (USD)
Initial Consultation with Personal Injury Lawyer $250 - $500
Personal Injury Case (Contingency Fee) 25% - 40% of Recovery
Unlawful Eviction Case $1,500 - $5,000
Document Review (Per Hour) $150 - $350
Legal Advice (Per Hour) $200 - $450

Note: Personal injury lawyers typically work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they only get paid if they win your case. The fee is usually a percentage of the recovery.

Seeking Clarification and Next Steps

Given the multifaceted nature of your situation, it would be beneficial to provide more specific details about the injury you sustained and any agreement or understanding you had with your girlfriend regarding your stay at her residence. If you're ready to pursue legal action or need more insights, don't hesitate to ask a free legal question.

Relevant Questions to Further Understand Your Situation:

  1. Nature of Injury: Can you describe the injury you sustained and how it occurred?
  2. Tenancy Agreement: Did you have any written or verbal agreement about your stay or work at your girlfriend's place?
  3. Proof of Residency: Do you have any documents or correspondence that prove you changed your legal address to her residence?

Q1: Do I need a written agreement to prove tenancy in Connecticut?

In Connecticut, a tenancy can be established through a verbal agreement or by demonstrating consistent patterns, such as regular payments or receiving mail at that address. A changed legal address can also serve as evidence.

Q2: Can a personal injury lawsuit and an eviction case be combined?

Typically, these would be treated as separate legal matters. However, if the injury was directly related to the eviction, there could be intersections in the cases. Consult with a lawyer to understand how best to proceed.

Q3: How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Connecticut?

In Connecticut, you generally have two years from the date of injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. It's essential to act promptly to ensure you don't miss this window.

Q4: What if I can't afford a lawyer for my eviction case?

Many lawyers offer payment plans, or in the case of personal injury, they might work on a contingency basis. There are also legal aid services in Connecticut that can help those with limited resources.

Q5: Can I claim compensation for the work I did at her home?

If you can prove that there was an agreement (written or verbal) about compensation for the work, you might have a valid claim. However, if the work was done without any such understanding, it becomes more challenging to claim compensation.

Remember, it's essential to consult directly with a legal expert in Danbury who can provide tailored advice based on the nuances of your situation.


This content is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. It's always recommended to consult with a local attorney about your specific situation.

Written, answered, changed

Legal question "Potential Personal Injury and Unlawful Eviction in Danbury" has been changed 9 months 1 week ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Danbury & area of law: personal injury law attorneys.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

A personal injury lawyer is a lawyer who provides legal representation to those who claim to have been injured, physically or psychologically, as a result of the negligence or wrongdoing of another person, company, government agency, or other entity. Are you involved in a car accident, and second party is at fault? You will have to hire an attorney on a contingency basis. How much will a car accident lawyer cost you? Thus, personal injury lawyers tend to be especially knowledgeable and have more experience with regard to the area of law known as tort law, which includes civil wrongs and economic or non-economic damages to a person’s property, reputation, or rights. Source:

Maritime disasters are handled by offshore injury lawyers. Do you need to find an attorney who will settle your case as quickly as possible? You should compare and hire the most experienced personal injury (offshore, maritime) lawyers in the United States. List of admiralty and maritime lawyers by state.

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called personal injury law attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Danbury and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Potential Personal Injury and Unlawful Eviction in Danbury"

Danbury personal injury law attorneys

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016