Skip to main content

Dealing with a Legal Challenge? Don't wait. Ask your legal question for free. Urgent legal matters require immediate attention!

Forced relinquishment of parental rights: Involuntary Relinquishment of Parental Rights in Nebraska

This legal question related to Child & family lawyers in Nebraska & North Platte has been answered.


Myself and my husband were forced into signing our rights to our babies away. They charged me with child abuse for all 3 kids for a messy house and the school reported us on lies said my children were not enrolled in school at all or e learning which is a complete lie I still have the 2 chromebooks in my possession. I also have the one and only email from the school asking me to return the new chromebooks. When in the report from the school that got my babies ripped away they stated my 2 boys were never even enrolled at all in the E learning so the county Attorney Rebecca Harling who has made it very clear that she hates me and my husband for no reason and has repeatedly made it her mission to make sure my babies and us never see each other again. They wanted my unstable mother in law to adopt them instead of letting us do guardianship she absolutely refused to she wanted straight tpr or relinquishment. This is not even the beginning. I have proof that I absolutely believe will prove threats coercion and duress. Please help us my babies are not neglected or abused they don't understand why they where taken and why they can't go home to me and there daddy where they're happy healthy and more than loved. My number is (308)520-9105 my email is Please we just want to be a family again. Thank you for your time.

Commonly posted questions...

Is there a grandparent law?
6 days 5 hours ago, Child & family lawyers, Pennsylvania
Need Clarity on Child Support Termination Age and Amount in Maryland
2 weeks 1 day ago, Child & family lawyers, Maryland

Legal Solution

The response provided below is specific to Child & family lawyers in the jurisdiction of Nebraska, North Platte. If the response is inadequate, please submit a detailed inquiry.

Involuntary Relinquishment of Parental Rights in North Platte, Nebraska: A Detailed Overview

Upon close examination of your situation, it seems you've experienced an involuntary relinquishment of your parental rights in North Platte, Nebraska. This complex legal issue is based on allegations of child neglect or abuse due to a messy house and concerns about school enrollment. The involvement of the county attorney further complicates your predicament.

Relevant Nebraska Statutes & Resources:

  • Nebraska Revised Statutes § 43-292: Grounds for termination of parental rights.
  • Nebraska Revised Statutes § 43-247: Juvenile court jurisdiction.
  • Nebraska Revised Statutes § 43-279.01: Reunification services; when required; termination.
  • Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services: Homepage with resources related to child welfare and family services.

Potential Solutions to Your Issue:

  1. Seek Legal Representation: It's imperative to find the right lawyer with expertise in family law and child custody issues. They can guide you through the legal process and help build a strong defense using the proof you mentioned.

  2. Request a Review Hearing: After retaining a lawyer, you can request a review hearing to challenge the accusations. Your attorney can present the evidence, such as the chromebooks and email correspondence, to counter the claims about your children's school enrollment.

  3. Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR): A mediator can assist both parties in reaching an agreement without court intervention. Arbitration and mediation attorneys can be instrumental in this process.

  4. Family Therapy & Counseling: Participate in family therapy or counseling to address any concerns that may have contributed to the relinquishment. This can also prove to the court your commitment to resolving the matter.

  5. Documentation: Collect and organize all documents that support your claims. The evidence can demonstrate the inconsistencies or false accusations.

Average Costs for Legal Services in North Platte, Nebraska:

Service Average Cost
Initial Consultation with family lawyer $200 - $300
Mediation Services $1,500 - $3,000
Legal Representation in Court $5,000 - $15,000
Family Counseling Sessions $100 - $200 per session

Note: Prices can vary based on the complexity of the case, the reputation of the lawyer, and other factors. It's essential to get multiple quotes to compare lawyers in your area.

Further Information Needed:

Your situation is undeniably distressing. However, to assist you further, could you provide more clarity on certain aspects?

Kindly consider the following:

  1. Were there any previous legal actions or court orders before the recent relinquishment?
  2. Do you have any other documentation or evidence that might support your case?
  3. Have you consulted or hired any attorney regarding this matter before?

Frequently Asked Questions in North Platte, Nebraska:

How can I regain my parental rights after involuntary termination?

To regain parental rights, you typically need to prove a significant change in circumstances and that it's in the best interest of the child to reinstate the rights.

Can I appeal the decision for termination of parental rights?

Yes, you have the right to appeal a court's decision. It's essential to act quickly as there are strict timeframes for filing an appeal.

What is the role of a Guardian ad Litem in child custody cases?

A Guardian ad Litem represents the child's best interests during legal proceedings, ensuring their welfare is prioritized.

How long does the legal process take to resolve such cases?

The duration varies based on the case's complexity, but it can range from several months to over a year.

Can the county attorney decide the outcome of my case?

No, the county attorney can make recommendations, but the final decision lies with the court.


This content is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. It's always recommended to consult with a local attorney about your specific situation.

Written, answered, changed

Legal question "Forced relinquishment of parental rights: Involuntary Relinquishment of Parental Rights in Nebraska" has been changed 4 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Nebraska, North Platte & area of law: Child & family lawyers.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Child & family lawyers? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Nebraska, North Platte and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Forced relinquishment of parental rights: Involuntary Relinquishment of Parental Rights in Nebraska"

Child & family lawyers Nebraska North Platte

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016