I am a 22yo single mom living with my boyfriend. We both used to do drugs before I got preganant (both totally clean now). My mother has falsely accused me of abusing my 16mo son by calling CPS in Cañon City Colorado. I am clean now but my mother is not and won't believe that I am. She has attempted once before to physically take my son but the police stopped her. We were visiting her home 50 miles away. That was a month ago and have communicated since. Shortly after that she sent the police to our door for a "well check". Several weeks later, when CPS came to my door I let them in. They had me do a UA Test (clean). I'm afraid my mother will call them again. She is an alcoholic and does drugs. Of course, I would greatly appreciate CPS not ever visiting me again. My life is now on track and don't need this drama. I just got my CNA License. How do I deal with my mother and also keep CPS off my back?
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia