Skip to main content

do i still have full custody of my children in the state of ohio if their father has moved in with us and is on our lease?

Location: Ohio  |  Law type: Child & family lawyers

We originally lived in clark county when my ex-boyfriend and father of my two children split up with me and moved out. I applied for government assistance to help me while my children were still very young. When I had to file for child support, He didn't seek custody and I was granted custody in our child support hearing. After a few years, we signed a reconciliation statement which suspended his child support payments to me but he still had to make his payments to the child support office in clark county. 

He talked me into moving my children and myself up to putnam county ohio, then he ask to stay at my children's and my apartment on a very temporary basis, which became longer than I had expected. He lost his employment and went to apply for benefits and due to the wording of the questions on the application. He was added to my benefits and I ended up having to put him on my lease. We tired to give reconciliation a go but I think it hasn't stuck. We co-exist under the same roof and we are friends. I asked if there was a way to take him off my benefits but I was informed that I would have to go through another child support hearing in Putnam County which wasn't what I was told at the Clark County Child Support office. CCCS told me if the reconciliation didn't work and I wanted to resume child support payments to come into their office and inform them and they would reopen my side of the child support payments. I at this time just want to know if I still am considered to have full custody of both my children or has this become more complicated due to what I explained above and if I have the right to decide my children's education and where we live at as long as we stay within the state of Ohio? 

Legal question "do i still have full custody of my children in the state of ohio if their father has moved in with us and is on our lease? " has been written 4 weeks 2 days ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Ohio & area of law: Child & family lawyers. Latest answer commented 4 weeks 2 days ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Child & family lawyers? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Ohio and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"do i still have full custody of my children in the state of ohio if their father has moved in with us and is on our lease? "

Child & family lawyers Ohio

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016