Skip to main content

Do I have a case?

Location: Roanoke  |  Law type: Family law attorneys

My wife and I had financial problems. She began to receive garnishments from her paycheck. We agreed to start looking for another place to live because we could no longer afford to be in the townhouse that we lived in. I found a house and she agreed to it. My father and his team fixed up the house (painting, grass mowed, etc.) To save money, my job allowed me to work from home when I moved to the new house. Upon moving, my wife decided that she was not going to move. By that time it was too late for me to cancel my assignment for work at home. Stayed at the townhouse that we couldn't afford. She kept our children. Upon the fifth month of me living in the house, she stayed in the townhouse for an additional two months. She did not pay rent. The rent was in my name. The SUV that I co-signed for her was repossessed and then she went and got another vehicle. She then went to child support services and now I pay 1174 in child support. She is now telling me that if I don't sign a document stating that I accept all financial responsibility for any debt incurred since we've been separated she will go for alimony and an increase in child support. I only make 18.17 an hour. I also have joint legal custody and see the kids every other weekend. I pay for the insurance for children and I can no longer afford to pay rent anywhere. I now live with my parents who want to downsize but cant because they are supporting me. Is there anything I can do legally to make sure my children are supported and allows me to have enough to pay rent? 

Legal question "Do I have a case?" has been written 4 months ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Roanoke & area of law: Family law attorneys. Latest answer commented 4 months ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.

  • Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
  • Adoption and surrogacy
  • Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
  • The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
  • Juvenile adjudication
  • paternity testing and paternity fraud
  • more about family law at wikipedia

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Family law attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Roanoke and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Do I have a case?"

Family law attorneys Roanoke

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016