I am interested in speaking with a divorce attorney who is familiar with the government handling of Court Ordered Approved for Processing forms. My husband is a retired Civil Service employee receiving pension. I am looking for someone who is knowledgeable on splitting pension, Thrift Savings Plan and life insurance withi OPM rules. (We are married 38 years, last 3 1/2 separated.). Thank you.
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia